Friday, March 9, 2012

Animals Everywhere



So, for Spring Break, I'm heading to New England to visit my brother and his family.  I'm so glad to be seeing them again soon and to have a change of scenery for a little while!  I'm bringing a little book for my niece, and thought before I hand it over, that I'd share it with you all.

Animals Everywhere by Lillian Pluta (with illustrations by Jillian Phillips) is a board book written in verse that takes young children on a trip around the world, introducing different animals that inhabit various habitats.  Pluta  uses some animals that are likely to be familiar to your child, such as elephants, monkeys, and alligators, but she also includes some others that not as many kids may know:  red pandas, marmots, and manatees.  Some animals she provides more specific names for as well, such as "horned owl," rather than simply "owl."  The illustrations are incredibly precious.  Phillips creates images that are fun and sure to please both child and adult alike, not only for this book, but in all her work - check out her website and/or blog to see what I mean.


Animals Everywhere is a truly fantastic book.  It's one of the Green Start series of books published by Innovative Kids; it's made mostly from recycled materials and they use eco-friendly ink in the printing.  I think that is an interesting way to promote the use of products that are more friendly for the environment, and is a great way to help make children more aware of the importance of helping to preserve or clean up our planet.  At the back of the book, there is information to share with your kids about ways anyone can help, and has a little information about animals as well.

I really cannot say enough good things.  This book is seriously one of the cutest things I've seen out there for kids today, and if I had children of my own, I would buy all the books in this series right now.

ISBN:
9781601690067

Publisher:
Innovative Kids

See what others are saying about it, or buy it now:
Amazon
Better World Books


No comments:

Post a Comment