Friday, October 28, 2011

Follow Friday #5


Another week, another Follow Friday, hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee!  Follow Friday is such a great, fun way to connect with other bloggers.  And each week, our co-hosts each feature one other blog!  This week's features are:  Reading in the Corner and In Which Ems Reviews Books!  So go check them out. :)

Each week, we are also given a fun little question to answer!  This week's question is...
If you could have dinner with your favourite book character, who would you eat with and what would you serve?
This is such an easy question for me:  I would eat with Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.  I really love Luna!  She's so comfortable with her quirkiness, and I find that kind of self-confidence very admirable, especially in someone so young.  When you're a teenager, there is so much pressure to fit in with whatever group you want to be associated with, but Luna doesn't seem to have those kinds of worries at all.  So while I'm probably more like Hermione, I would totally want to be best friends with Luna, too.

As for the food, I am no cook.  It took me a really long time to master hard-boiled eggs, and I still haven't quite gotten the hang of scrambled eggs.  I've also burned the heck out of many a frozen pizza.  There is only really one dish I'm capable of cooking "for real".  I'm not sure what Luna's cooking abilities are, but it wouldn't matter because you can bet we would be having our meal in the Great Hall.  Where I would be stuffing my freaking face with a sampling of all my favourite foods - the idea of a magical buffet appeals to me more than I would like to admit.  Crab legs, rice (any kind...all kinds?), cod, pasta alfredo with shrimp and scallops, chicken and dumplings, carrots in a butter glaze, cheese pizza and french fries, and more bread than a baker would know what to do with.  Bacon, chicken cooked in a variety of different ways, cornbread stuffing...and now I'm just making myself hungry again!  I think you get the picture, though. XD



14 comments:

  1. Awesome answer! Bacon & chicken are my favorite food groups!

    Thanks for the comment! I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your food descriptions, you have succeeding in making me very, very hungry.

    Luna's a doll! It would be great to sit and hear her talk about all her wild theories. And I'd also try to convince her to date Neville longterm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that sounds good! Luna would be fun to have a meal with, she's so funny, without trying! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I really, REALLY need to read/watch Harry Potter! I always feel so out of the loop when people talk about how awesome it is! x) But I love quirky characters too, and at least I know we have our not-so-amazing cooking skills in common LOL! Hey, you can't be perfect, right? ;)

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Colleen! I'm an old follower for sure!

    Hope you have an amazing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Luna!!! I love Luna!!!! Why'd you have to remind me of HP? ;p

    Great choice!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! Luna would be so much fun to spend time with! Good choice! Thanks for stopping by. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry? Luna? Count me in! I'm hungry now...
    Here is my Follow Friday!
    -Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luna is a seriously awesome pick! I'd love to have her as a best friend too! I adore how she's always just herself and happy to be so. :-D And meals in the Great Hall...yum! Your list has made me hungry too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine not knowing how to cook, mostly because it is something I have done since I could read. Also, back when I was in school girls HAD to take home economics and learn the fundamentals of cooking, cleaning and sewing. My school was "advanced" in that we could also take shop. But we HAD to take home ec. Unless you just hate it, I recommend getting the Joy of Cooking. I read it cover to cover and learned so much. Or, hang out with chefs. Thanks for following I am following you back :-)
    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    @fangswandsfairy
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Luna is a great choice for dinner company! She's so fun and adorable with her quirkiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely adore Luna! She'd be a marvelous dinner companion, that's for sure!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog for this week's hop. See you around!

    Cheers,
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm horrible at making food too! And Luna is such an awesome pick, why didn't I think of her - she's my favorite charactr from the series.

    Thanks for stopping by, Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm glad to see Luna get some love. She really was one of the great characters from the series. I always kind of shipped her with Harry. If Rowling hadn't paired the characters off so young, I would've thought Luna and Harry might at least have dated for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hha Luna would definitely make dinner interesting!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete