Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mt TBR 2012 Reading Challenge!


When I first came across the book blogging community and I saw all the reading challenges people were doing, I never thought one of those people would be me.  But last month I participated in the Spooktacular October Paranormal Reading Challenge, hosted by Marie at Ramblings of a Daydreamer, and it was great fun!  So, when I came across the Mt TBR 2012 Reading Challenge hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block, I knew this was one I should get involved with as well.

My stacks of TBR (To Be Read, for those who didn't already know) were already massive before I got into the blogosphere, and now the list just doesn't stop growing!  This reading challenge is sure to be a fun and motivating way to get the existing list down a significant amount, so I'm looking forward to it!

I've decided to attempt the level "Mt Kilimanjaro" which means I'm committing to read at least 50 books that are already on my TBR before 2012 begins.  Re-reads don't count, and neither do ARCs nor library books.  Books read for this challenge can be used towards other challenges as well.  If I make it to 50 books, I'll be upgrading my level attempt to either "El Toro" (75 books) or "Mt Everest" which is 100+ books!  Fingers crossed, haha.

If you want to participate, you can sign up any time between now and 30 November 2012 - the challenge itself runs from 1 January 2012 until 31 December 2012.

So good luck to everyone taking part, and happy reading!  See my progress after the cut!





01.  The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
02.  The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
03.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
04.  Transforming Body Image by Marcia Germaine Hutchinson
05.  New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
06.  The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
07.  Moonburn by Alisa Sheckley
08. True Women by Janice Woods Windle
09. Sparks by Laura Bickle
10. The Call of Earth by Orson Scott Card
11. Neuromancer by William Gibson
12. Austenland by Shannon Hale
13. Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
14. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I can't believe that we are starting to prepare for 2012 challenges already! This year just flew past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that you also signed up for this challenge. Wow, 50 books, that is quite something. I am doing the Pike's Peak Level, which is the lowest...:)

    ReplyDelete