Thursday, November 10, 2011

50 States Reading Challenge, 2012


Okay.  So.  I totally thought I would never do any reading challenges, because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to really commit to any (schoolwork can be stressful and time-consuming, as we all know!).  But here I am, committing myself to what is now three challenges for 2012.  First I came across the Mt TBR Challenge hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block, and then yesterday I signed up to participate in the Science Fiction Reader Challenge hosted by Leslie at Working for the Mandroid.  And now I am also raring to go with the 50 States Challenge, hosted by Tasha over at Book Obsessed.  Here's hoping I can keep up!

What IS the 50 States Challenge?  It's exactly what it sounds like (maybe - it's exactly what I think it sounds like, anyway)!  Read at least one book that is set in each of the fifty states.  Re-reads are fine, and books read for other challenges can also count toward this challenge.  As with probably every year-long challenge, this one will be running from 1 January 2012 until 31 December 2012.


And now I'm going to list the states!  As I start a book, I'll post the title and author next to the state name, then when the review gets posted, the title will be turned into a link to that particular review.  I'm not planning to decide ahead of time what books I'll read for each state, because I would probably end up changing my mind.  And I promise not to cheat and read books about the state if I get stumped, haha.  I want to really try and see if I can find a work of fiction that's set in each of the states!

And heck, if I manage to somehow magically finish that list before the end of the year, I might try to find books set in US commonwealths and territories:

  • American Samoa
  • District of Columbia
  • Federated States of Micronesia
  • Guam
  • North Marianas
  • Puerto Rico
  • Virgin Islands

I'm thinking I can manage D.C. and Puerto Rice from that list, but I will probably strike out with the others, lol!  But it's worth a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment