Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrapping up 2012, Welcoming 2013


Well, everyone, we survived another End of the World and another holiday season, and 2013 is now right around the corner!  As far as reading challenges go,  this year I participated in the Mt TBR Reading Challenge, The Narnia Reading Project, The 50 States Challenge, the Sci-Fi Reader Challenge, and the Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge.  I also set a book counter on Goodreads.  And I failed at all of them!  I came closest to completing the sci-fi challenge, but I really underestimated how time-consuming and stressful my classes were going to be this semester.  I also kind of dropped off the face of the blogosphere for a little while, regrettably.

But!  In roughly four hours, we all get to start with blank slates, and I'm still going to participate in some reading challenges.  I'm just going to try not to bite off more than I can chew this time.  I don't anticipate my classes being any less time-consuming in the spring semester, so I'll be aiming low with the challenges this time around.

Anyway!  Here's what I managed for my failed attempt at 2012 challenges...




For the Mt TBR challenge, I committed to the Mt Kilimanjaro level, which is 50 books.  I only made it to 14!  XD


And I only made it through two of the books from the Chronicles of Narnia.  Shameful, lol.


Like with the Mt TBR, I only knocked 14 books off the 50 States list.


And as I said earlier, I got nearest to completing the Sci-Fi challenge - the goal was 12 books, one from each specified category, and I was only three books away from finishing.  Ah well...c'est la vie.


I only made it through 5 Mystery & Suspense books.


And I ended up one book shy of the halfway mark for my goal of 100 total books read in 2012.  Normally 100 would have been a reasonably attainable goal, but not so for 2012, it would seem.

--------------

So what am I signing on for, for this coming year?  


Yep, I'm doing the Mount TBR again this year!  Hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block.  I'm setting my sights a little lower, though; this time, I'm committing to Mt Vancouver - 36 books.


I'm also trying the 50 States Challenge again, hosted by Tasha at Book Obsessed.  Here's hoping I can make it at least halfway this time!


And a different Mystery/Crime Challenge, this one hosted by Amy at The Crafty Book Nerd.  I'm going to try for the Lieutenant level - 15 books.


I also decided to try a new challenge this year:  the This Isn't Fiction challenge, hosted by Birgit at The Book Garden.  With all the books I'm sure to have assigned for classes, I know I'll be able to complete this one, haha!  I'm doing the Kindergarten level, which is only 5 books.


Of course I'll set a book counter on Goodreads, too, once they post the 2013 widgets.


And after how I failed this year, I'm determined to outdo myself.  So what better challenge to sign up for, than the Outdo Yourself Challenge, hosted by Brianna at The Book Vixen.  I'm hoping to just "get my heart rate up" by reading 1-5 more books than in 2012.

My official progress posts are going to be going up shortly.

So!  A Happy 2013 to all of you!  Are you doing any challenges?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment